Greetings dinosaur hunters!
Thank you for all the feedback you’ve given! In this patch we address many things we’ve gotten feedback on after the latest patch. Let us know what you think of the changes. Remember also to visit our public Trello and vote for things you’d like to see in the game: https://trello.com/b/MaUlmNql/prehistoric-hunt-public-trello
Now all your Steam friends are by default your hunting buddies. This means when you join the same multiplayer session you will spawn closer to each other. Previously you had to add your Steam friends manually as your hunting buddies from the player list menu. If you want to remove a Steam friend from your hunting buddies you can still do it in the player list menu (default key bind for player list menu is P). We also fixed an issue with hunting buddy spawn location when players have moved from their original spawn location.
Player respawn improvements
Once players die they no longer can respawn right on top of dinosaurs. This will prevent players from entering into a dying loop.
In the previous patch we introduced a mechanism when players die they drop half of their inventory. We changed it so the inventory will go down to three items in the worst case scenario. If a player has any ammunition at least one of these three will be a set of ammunition. So if you die and you only have three items left in your inventory you won’t drop anything. Equipped weapons (in weapon slots 1, 2 and 3) will always stay with you and are not calculated to this total. In these screenshots you’ll find a full inventory and one possibility of a worst case scenario:
Dinosaur behavior improvements
- Herbivores no longer panic when Utahraptors are near.
- Utahraptors no longer attack the bigger herbivores.
- Herbivores no longer do group attacks on players.
- Herbivores are less aggressive towards players when they are in panic caused by chasing carnivores.
- Dinosaurs notice a player who uses the flashlight from a greater distance. This distance is even greater during night time.
- Dinosaurs now hear sounds the player makes when reloading or changing weapons and can react to this.
- More loot spawn points have been added
- Death markers are now displayed over special location markers
- Player can no longer get stuck in shallow water